Neuromodulators are recommended to treat dynamic facial wrinkles, such as frown lines, forehead lines, crow's feet, bunny lines, upper lip wrinkles, etc. Product selection, longevity, cost, associated risks and alternative options will be reviewed in detail at your consultation.
How does it work?
Neuromodulators are purified proteins that are injected into overactive muscles in small doses. When properly administered, the neuromodulator temporarily inhibits the release of neurotransmitters by binding to nerve endings and preventing the contraction of the targeted muscle. Although some results may be seen within a few days, full results take 2-3 weeks.
How long does the treatment take?
This treatment is a shorter procedure, although never rushed. Typically, your appointment is about 10-20 minutes after the initial consultation.
How long will my results last?
Results will vary, but typically results from neuromodulators will last from 3 to 5 months. Results range depending on the area treated, the dose administered and how quickly the person metabolizes the product chosen. This will be discussed in greater detail at your consultation.
Neuromodulators are often done during lunch breaks as there is little to no downtime; any redness usually settles within about 30 minutes. Although less common with this procedure, Bruising can occur and may last a few days.
Before your appointment
· Please do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 48-72 hours before treatment to decrease the risk of bruising.
· Avoid anti-inflammatory medications (Advil, Aspirin, Ibuprofen etc.) and blood-thinning medications (if advised by prescribing physician), if possible, for two weeks before treatment. Supplements such as Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, St. John's Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements should be avoided for two weeks to lessen the chances of bruising.
· Please try to schedule your injectable appointments at least 2-3 weeks before any significant events as it takes a full two weeks for results and to allow any bruising and swelling to settle.
· It is recommended to eat a light meal and be hydrated before your appointment to avoid feeling lightheaded during your treatment.
· You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
· Products such as Arnica can be taken before your appointment to help reduce swelling/bruising post-treatment.
Post Treatment Care
· Do not rub or massage the area treated, for 24 hours after your treatment, as we do not want the product to be displaced.
· Facials, massages, laser treatments, microdermabrasion, or other facial treatments are not recommended for 7-10 days after your treatment. If you are unsure which treatments are allowed, don't hesitate to contact us.
· Do not lie down for 4 hours after your treatment.
· Avoid the gym or activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise 24 hours after treatment.
· Makeup is not to be applied for 4-6 hours after treatment.
· It takes 14 days to see the full result of the neuromodulator. A touch-up will not be done before 14 days or after three weeks. Any touch-ups are charged to the client per unit unless otherwise discussed before your treatment.