Morpheus8 is a whole-body fractional device that can treat aging skin and the underlying adipose tissue, resulting in a healthier and more youthful look. As we age, our collagen production decreases, and we lose elasticity, leaving us with wrinkles and sagging skin. Morpheus8 can treat various skin issues such as acne, acne scars, sagging skin, wrinkled skin, stretch marks and hyperpigmentation. We will thoroughly assess to see if Morpheus8 is the proper treatment to address your concerns.
How does it work?
Morphheus8 is a minimally invasive subdermal adipose remodelling device designed to remodel the collagen and coagulate adipose tissue. This treatment will promote the production of new collagen and elastin and coagulate fat to firm and tighten your skin and underlying adipose tissue (fat). Multiple sessions may be needed to achieve desired results. Sessions should be done 4-6 weeks apart.
How long is the treatment?
The treatment varies depending on what area we are treating. After your initial consultation, the treatment will be about 1 hour for anesthesia (topical anesthetic) and 30 minutes to an hour for the procedure. This will be discussed thoroughly at your consultation.
How long will my results last?
Results will vary depending on the individual, the area treated, and the number of treatments done. Results can last anywhere from 1 to 3 years. All before and aftercare and results to be expected will be discussed in detail at your consultation.
The benefit of this treatment is there is little to no downtime. Downtime varies and will be discussed thoroughly at your consultation. Some redness is to be expected for a day or two.
Before your treatment
· Discontinue retinoids (retinol) and any active skincare (AHA/BHA, exfoliants, hydroquinone, topical antibiotics etc.) 3-7 days before your treatment unless otherwise discussed at your consultation
· Avoid anti-inflammatory medications such as Advil, aspirin, or ibuprofen at least one week before your treatment to decrease your risk of bruising.
· Avoid vitamins and supplements such as Vitamin E and fish oil at least one week before your treatment to decrease the risk of bruising.
· Avoid consuming alcohol one week before your treatment to decrease the risk of bruising.
· Avoid sun exposure for two weeks before your treatment.
Post Treatment Care
· Keep your skin clean with a gentle cleanser and avoid wearing makeup for 1-2 days.
· Avoid direct sunlight to prevent hyperpigmentation
· Use sunscreen daily for a minimum of 1-week post-treatment, even if you aren’t in direct sunlight. Reapply your sunscreen often. A hat is also recommended.
· Keep your skin moisturized with Aquaphor for 24-48 hours after your treatment.