Chemical peels are cosmetic procedures that gently remove the top (damaged) layers of skin, improving sun-damaged, pigmented, uneven and dull skin. Improving overall skin health creates a more youthful appearance, restoring healthy, glowing skin.
How does it work?
The Vivier Jessner Peel comprises 14% resorcinol, 14% lactic acid and 14% salicylic acid. These key ingredients cause the top layers of the skin to gently peel, leaving the healthier skin below the damaged top layers.
How long is the procedure?
A chemical peel takes about 30 to 45 minutes with pre-cleansing and skin prep.
How long will my results last?
Results will vary depending on the individual. Generally, your results will last from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the skincare used daily at home.
Immediately after your chemical peel, your skin will look fresh and glowing. You may experience some tingling and minor redness in the face, depending on how your body reacts to the peel and how sensitive your skin is. Within a few days, you may notice your skin starting to peel, and it may peel lightly or aggressively. After about a week of peeling, you will be left with glowing, healthier-looking skin.
Before your appointment
· We do not recommend chemical peels if you are on or have been on Accutane in the last year unless approved by your doctor in writing.
· Discontinue all retinol at least four days before your chemical peel unless otherwise instructed.
· Do not wax or shave the skin at least one week before your appointment.
· We do not recommend a chemical peel if you have any open lesions, active acne, or rashes on the area to be treated.
· You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
· No sun exposure for one week before your chemical peel.
Post Treatment Care
· Keep your skin clean for 24 hours following your chemical peel
· Sunscreen is to be worn at all times, and a hat is also recommended if you are outdoors
· Do not pick at the peeling skin; this can cause damage to your skin
· Discontinue any physical exfoliants